Call for Visual Arts Presentation and Workshop Proposals:
The new 2013 Arts Empower Mega Conference is being planned now for Oct 11, 2013. This conference will be held in Balboa Park and will be produced in partnership between Arts Empower San Diego, the San Diego County Office of Education, our local art, music, theatre and dance professional associations, and Balboa Park Institutions.
Conference sessions will be held in Balboa Park’s visual and performing arts institutions. This Conference is a “mega” collaboration between VAPA content areas including music, drama and visual art, offering general sessions for all attendees, breakout sessions for specific content areas and allows many opportunities for content cross-over.
Visual Arts presentation and workshop proposals are now being accepted by the San Diego County Art Education Association for board approval. The deadline to submit a proposal is August 1, 2013.
Are you or do you know an Educator who:
· Is an innovator in Visual Arts Education?
· Has unique or especially successful Visual Arts projects, curriculum or programs to share with other Educators?
· Is a talented teacher specialized in a particular media, material or technique that is interested in sharing with others in our professional community?
· Runs a successful AP Studio Art or Art History program at the high school level?
· Collaborates across curriculum with other departments and subjects to integrate art into other parts of the curriculum?
· Is involved with teaching Visual Art at the elementary level?
· Has created or implemented successful collaborative community Art projects with students outside of the classroom and beyond your campus or with community Arts Partners?
· Has experimented with creative forms of assessment and evaluation in any project based curriculum?
· Has explored new ideas for integrating Visual Arts into the new Common Core standards?
· Has used Visual Arts curriculum to successfully reach special populations?
· Is running a successful digital media program involving photography, video or digital graphics from a strongly creative fine art perspective?
· Is using social media or online resources in an innovative way to reach students or provide them with external resources?
· Has suggestions or recommendations about offering or attending specific types of presentations or workshops at this Oct 11 conference?If you are or you know an educator who could share their success in the classroom with other teachers, we’d love to hear from you and offer you the opportunity to enrich your professional community.Please fill out the attached 2013 Visual Arts Proposal outlining a 1 or 2 hour long presentation/workshop and email it to: