SD County art educators!
You are invited you to submit your artwork for exhibition in the 2013-14 San Diego County Art Educators’ Exhibition. This exhibition is being sponsored by the San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) and the San Diego County Art Education Association (SDCEA) and will be on view from November 22th to January 30th at the San Diego County Office of Education.
This winter exhibit will showcase instructors’ skills and the impact their work has on students and the community. Hundreds of visitors at the SDCOE as well as county office employees find joy and inspiration in viewing art exhibitions. This is a wonderful opportunity for teachers to be recognized for their talents as artists. This show is open to all educators and school employees within San Diego County.
We are interested in displaying two-dimensional media, (paintings, pastels, graphite, mixed-media, photography, etc.). Unfortunately, due to space/safety limitations at the SDCOE, at this time, we cannot display three-dimentional artwork.
The exhibition will end with a closing reception on Thursday, January 30th from 6 – 7 p.m. at the San Diego County Office of Education at 6401 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego, CA 92111. At the end of the reception the artists are asked to take their work home with them.
ElIGIBILITY: Any Educational Employee in San Diego County
ENTRIES: Up to 3 per person, 2D works only
DATES: Nov. 15 Entry Deadline
Nov. 20 Artists Notified
Nov. 22 Exhibition Opens
Jan. 30 Closing Reception, Show Ends
1. Create a portfolio and send by U. S. mail, Truck Mail, or hand deliver up to 3 submissions to Russ Sperling, VAPA Coordinator, San Diego County Office of Education, 6401 Linda Vista Rd., Room 321N, San Diego, CA 92111
2. The submission deadline is Friday, November 15, 2013
3. All artwork submitted MUST include a completed ENTRY FORM attatched to the artwork. (see below)
4. Artwork must be framed or otherwise mounted and ready to hang with any special hardware, if needed. All submissions will be reviewed by SDCAEA leaders and members. Art not selected will be returned to you via Truck Mail within 30 days of submission. If you prefer to pick up unselected art, please indicate this wish on the back of each art piece. Accepted artists will receive a letter of invitation to come to the SDCOE for a reception and recognition of their work.
5. Art will be available for pick up at the end of the reception at the SDCOE. Artwork not picked up at the reception will be delivered to the teacher’s site via truck mail the following week. Certificates of recognition will also be mailed with the art for those not in attendance at the reception.
The entry form is here- Prospectus – SDCOE Art Educator Exhibition 2013
Please contact Amanda Dickson if you have questions.
Drawing and Painting Teacher at Mission Hills High School, San Marcos Unified
760-290-2700 ext. 3270